Executive Reality Check (Part 1)
Being a corporate executive means one has a corporate responsibility. And, even busy corporate executives need to stop and take a business reality check from time to time.
Executives, here is your first reality check of 2017.
REQUEST: Consider these business critical questions
- How does your company measure progress?
- Are your business performance metrics meaningful and timely?
- Are you leading or lagging your competition? How would you know?
- How well does your supply chain software perform?
- Is your supply chain software more than five years old?
- Is it time to replace or retire your software model? How do you really know?
- Business models change daily. Does your supply chain software keep pace?
- Is your supply chain software encouraging or constraining growth?
- When did you last perform a supply chain software review?
DECISION: If you found any of your answers lacking to these questions, then what are you going to do about it?
ACTION: Hoping issues will soon go away is not much of a business strategy. Reaching out to supply chain experts for help is a business strategy that works. Address your shortfalls and re-prioritize your business goals.
Time is money, accordingly to Benjamin Franklin. What are you waiting for? How much are you willing to lose before you invest in a change?